Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Very First Thanksgiving











So this year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, Nolan and I have decided to stay in Green River and start our own traditions. Plus his work doesn't give him much time off. So this Thanksgiving was my first one that I had to cook. I had never cooked a Turkey before but it all turned out better than I could have hoped. We invited our friends, Toni and Nathan Southam to have Thanksgiving with us. Toni helped me cook and Nathan and Nolan played Xbox (surprising, right). Later that evening, the missionaries stopped by and had pie with us. One of our missionaries is Tongan, but from Oregon. His mom has had a new baby since he has been on him mission, so he loved seeing Kadrie. She definitely look like she could be polynesian. They are both great missionaries and we enjoyed our visit with them. This Thanksgiving felt kinda weird not being with my family, but it was still a lot of fun.

1 comment:

The Little's said...

Holy Crap, you made something fabulous! Seriously though, not surprised. Food at your house is always good, but I'm still sad we didn't spend it together. Oh, and you're still invited for Christmas...sometime that break, I'd better see your family.